In order to get a decent workout in during the day I have to get up around 5:00am. I had planned on getting to bed early last night so that I would get enough sleep while still getting up early. Well, I wasn't able to get to sleep until about 11:00pm so not quite as early as I hoped. I still set my alarm for 5:00am, but didn't actually hear it until 5:30am. I'm not sure if my body has some internal auto system for hitting snooze over and over, or if I really didn't hear it until 5:30, but that's when I gained conciousness. (I am sure however that if my alarm had been going off for 30 minutes Annie would probably have woken to it). Anyway, when I finally did realize it was after the time I had planned on waking up I considered just going back to sleep. I actually fought with this notion for about 5 minutes, but then whatever motiviation I had of getting up finally won so I rolled out of bed ... on to the floor where I found another pillow and snuggled up to it and fell fast asleep. Luckily, and to my own dismay, I had only hit snooze on the alarm again, so it went of five minutes later, and I struggled with the same internal battle of just letting myself sleep for another hour and then go to work. But again, somehow, I was able to convince myself I should get up so very grogily I stood up and got ready. I was finally out of the house at 6:15.
By the time I was at the gym I was quite a bit more awake, but still had the strong tempation to just lean my seat back and sleep. Finally on the tradmill I set the speed to 3.5 mph and holy cow did that feel fast. But I kept it up for a few minutes and gradually increased my speed until I was jogging at a nice pace of 7mph. It was an extreme workout, but I was definitly sweating after my 3 mile jog ... on the treadmill.
Walking to the showers I felt good. The sleepyness well gone and a sense of accomplishment and vicotory to replace it. I'm not sure how much endorphines I could have gotten in that half hour on the treadmill, but even a little bit is possitive reinforcement and hopefully will help motivate me for tomorrow.
Now hopefull I don't fall asleep at work :P.
You make me laugh. I had no idea that you fell back asleep on the floor. Wow, honey. Thanks for helping me last night, even though you got a little less sleep. I know, I didn't get to sleep till after one. I just couldn't fall asleep. So tonight, I want you to be in bed when I get home from class. All ready for stuff in the morning, prayers said, and sleepy. Deal? Great.
ReplyDeleteLove you.