Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 15 - Oops what happened

Almost a week since my last post. That is because this last week hasn't been all that great and I haven't wanted to write about it. I haven't wanted to write about the milk shakes, donuts, chips, etc. I haven't wanted to write about the number of days I've missed working out. I haven't done well, and I have fallen to temptation too many times.

To focus on the positive, I did have a pretty good Monday and Tuesday. I worked out both days and ate pretty healthy. I felt pretty good those days, but then Tuesday night I took double Benedryl on accident and barely woke up in time to get to work, so no workout. (In order for me to get a workout in during the day it has to be before work.) Then the week just went down hill from there.

But the good news is it's a new day and a new week, and it shouldn't matter how many times I restart, as long as I do. How does the Chumbawamba song go, "I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down." I'll ignore what the song is actually talking about, and even though I may be knocking myself down I'm gonna get up again and stay up as long as I can before I get knocked down again (or just plain fall down as the case may be). As long as I make more progress when I'm up than digression when I'm down, it's still progress, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment