Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 8 - Some goals at last

The purpose of t his blog was for me to have a place for me to be accountable for my actions regarding my health. A strong motivator for improvement is to come up with goals and write them down. So here is my attempt at that.

Before I write down my goals I thought I would write where I am at now, and then put where I want to be. I am currently 193lbs with 14% body fat (at least according to one of those electric contraptions that you hold out in front of you for a few seconds and then it tells you your body fat). I don't know how accurate the body fat measurement is, but it seemed consistent so as long as I keep using the same measuring tool, progression should be pretty accurate. So with those measurements I have 27lbs of body fat on me.

For now I am going to set my goal to be at 200lbs and less than 10% body fat. That means that I will have to lose about 7lbs of fat and gain 14 lbs of muscle. I have no idea how long it will take to gain that much muscle, but probably years. I may be shooting for the stars, but at least I will be shooting at something instead of not doing anything.

The other goal that I have, which is kind of conflicting with my previous is I would like to run a 6 minute mile again and run a marathon. Both of those are a long way off too, but I think I will be entering my first 5k race this fall in the Race for the Cure. How I will balance the super cardio and the muscle gain I have no idea. Maybe I'll just be super skinny with tree trunk legs.

I thought of posting a picture so there was a 'before' shot and then I could post more as I progressed, but just in case there is actually anyone reading this, I thought I would spare them ... especially if they are eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment